If you are in the market for a new coffee machine, then there is a mind-boggling array of machines to choose from. The first decision to make is whether you want a single serve, French Press, multi-cup, percolator or multi-use coffee maker. Do some research online to learn more about the different coffee makers before picking the one which best suits your needs and lifestyle. Choosing the best drip brew coffee maker is no more an arduous task.
Choosing a coffee maker:
Think of the taste you like best in coffee, how much you make at one time, the time you want to spend making it. All of these factors will help you to pick the best coffee maker available. You could even buy a couple of machines to make yourself happy. If you like rich and full bodied coffee and have some time to spare, an Espresso machine or a French Press may be your pick. If you are not that interested in a perfect flavor and want to make a decent cup and larger quantities, a drip maker is you best option. A number of the modern coffee makers have a lot of features, including one which can make you an Espresso. These are usually reasonably priced. That said, here’s a guide on what to look for in a coffee machine.
Essential features to look for in a drip coffee maker
A drip coffee machine is still the most trusted and ubiquitous in households around the world. Most of the models can make 8 or more cups per carafe, making them the best choice for a home. They come in handy when one is entertaining and even for a family with multiple coffee drinkers. Features to look for in the best drip brew coffee maker are:
- Multiple functions: good for people who like to drink hot beverages in all sizes. How about getting hot water for tea or cocoa or a cup or travel mug of coffee?
- Carafe size: Check this before buying. If your family likes a lot of coffee then get one which makes 8 or more. If not, then invest in one which makes 4 cups.
- Programming: Check for machines which can be programmed to brew the perfect cup so that you don’t have to wait in the morning. This feature has proven to be a life saver for many users.
- Built-in grinder: This is a great feature as it not only saves space but also offers the drinker the best cup possible.
- Automatic shutoff is another feature to look for in a machine. This will definitely cut down on instances of accidental fires.
Make sure to buy a machine with a Pause function as this will let you get a cup in the middle of the brewing cycle. Also buy a machine with built in filters to avoid the extra expense of buying filters. Also, built in filters are more environmentally friendly as they are made of the highest grade steel. Enjoy shopping for your new coffee maker while using this list.