As any prudent homeowner will tell you, it’s important to reinvest money back into your property on a consistent basis, especially if your primary goal is to establish a fiscal balance between its resale value and the outstanding mortgage loan.
However, with the newfound DIY rage that seems to be sweeping the planet, many of the refurbishments and improvements facilitated nowadays are largely ineffectual and don’t provide any lasting value beyond a temporary boost to the home’s curb appeal. In this regard, landscaping projects and painting ventures are easy to do and fairly cost-effective, but these ho-hum undertakings fail to truly move the needle in terms of enhancing your property’s intrinsic value.
With this notion in mind, take a brief moment to peruse some of the more impactful, lucrative home improvement options nowadays:
- Installing contemporary French doors, bi-folding doors, or composite entryways allows homeowners to recoup up to 100% of the initial installation costs by way of increased property value immediately following the implementation.
- Present-day UPVC windows provide a similar boon to homeowners, as evidenced by the fact that you can recover anywhere from 70-90% of the upfront fees.
- Modernised windows and doors can reduce in-home energy loss by 50% or more, effectively mitigating your monthly utility bills during every season.
- Constructing an on-site conservatory or orangery can bolster your home’s resale value by up to 150% of the preliminary construction costs, making it one of the more worthwhile projects.
As you can see, upgrading your property with new windows, doors, or augmented structures provides the most proverbial bang for your buck, but it’s incredibly important to ensure that you’re working with a reputable installation company, such as Solar Frame, for instance.
In an effort to help streamline your research, the remainder of this brief article will focus on the specific traits and characteristics that comprise a trustworthy, dependable home improvement company in today’s landscape.
“Which? Trusted Trader” Accreditation
In order to avoid unskilled contractors, overpriced construction firms, and other novice service providers, you’ll want to ensure that every company on your shortlist is endorsed by the Which? Trusted Trader organisation, which will allow you to confirm that:
- The company in question is locally respected and qualified to perform home improvement projects.
- The listed policies are accurate and genuine.
- The services are timely, reliable, and consistent.
- The on-site customer testimonials are authentic and genuine.
- The in-house staff is qualified, certified, and properly authorised.
Plus, the most reputable companies are also accredited by the BSI, BBA, and BFRC regulatory agencies, so be on the lookout for these hallmarks as well.
Experience and Aptitudes
Don’t waste your time with any firm that has less than 30 years’ experience in the home improvement industry, and stay away from multinational conglomerates as well. Instead, you’ll want to focus on the local family-owned businesses that offer the following suite of services:
- Manufacturing, distributing, and installing UPVC windows and doors.
- Full-scale construction of conservatories and orangeries.
- Procurement and implementation of high-quality solid and tiled roofs.
- Accessible showsite open 7 days a
- Comprehensive no-obligation consultations and quotations.
If you happen upon a company that can provide all of these salient features, you’ll be well on your way to skyrocketing your home’s resale value, increasing interior comfort, and establishing an eye-popping curb appeal.